Our goal at A&N Electric Cooperative is to provide accurate, timely monthly bills to the members we serve. Customer service specialists are standing by during regular business hours, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, to answer any questions.
Receiving Your Bill
USPS Paper Bills are processed and mailed to the address on your account each month. If you do not receive a bill, please contact our billing office. Email Paperless billing is available if you no longer wish to receive a paper bill. You can continue to view your paper bill image and bill inserts on our website. You will receive an e-mail notification when your bill is ready to be viewed. Sign up for paperless billing with SmartHub or call our office and a customer service specialist will help set this up for you. If you would like to receive a paper bill but do not use the return envelope, contact our office and a customer service specialist will be happy to mark your account to no longer receive a return envelope.
Understanding Your Bill
- Customer charge - monthly fixed cost of maintaining your service, regardless of the amount of electricity used.
- Delivery charge - charges for delivering electricity from A&N to your home or business.
- Surcharge - covers increased capacity charges passed on from ODEC, A&N's wholesale power supplier.
- Supply charge - charges for the generation and transmission of electricity.
- Energy Adjustment - incremental cost to purchase the energy to generate electricity.
- State and local taxes - taxes that are charged by and remitted to the state, county and/or town.
- A&N other charges and credits - miscellaneous charges such as deposits, donations to Members Helping Members, and fees for security lights, surge protectors and membership.
- The back of your bill includes a bar graph that shows your past 12 months use of electricity at a glance, along with the average temperature.
- Membership fee – You must become a member in order to receive service from A&N. This will be refunded if you no longer receive service in your name.
- Deposit - Varies. Call 757-787-9750 for more information. You may forgo a deposit if you offer an acceptable letter of credit from your current electric provider.
- Connection/Transfer fee - $20 • Reconnection fee - $40 (Applies to accounts disconnected for non-payment.)
- After hours reconnection fee - $60 (Applies to accounts disconnected for non-payment.)
- Collection fee - $20, if a serviceman is sent to your home to collect on an unpaid balance.
- Returned Payment fee - $15
Your bill is due upon receipt. If your payment is not received by the due date indicated on your bill, a late fee will be added. A disconnection notice will appear at the top and bottom of your bill if balances are past due. If the past due amount is not paid by the date indicated, your account will be subject to disconnection without further notice. Should your account be disconnected for nonpayment, the total balance plus a reconnect fee and applicable deposit will be required prior to reconnection. If you cannot pay your bill by the due date, call 757-787-9750 to discuss possible payment arrangements.
- Log onto SmartHub to make a one-time payment from your checking account, VISA, or MasterCard using our secure online payment service. You can also use SmartHub on your phone or tablet by downloading the app. Learn more here
- Sign up for automatic bank draft or have your bill charged to your MasterCard or VISA each month using our automated phone system or payment website.
- Call 855-386-9921 to make your payment by phone using our automated system.
- Bring the bottom portion of your bill and your payment to our office in Tasley, VA during regular business hours.
- Mail the bottom portion of your bill and your payment to P.O. Box 290, Tasley, VA 23441.
- Use our night drop at the left of our front doors. Enclose a check or money order and the bottom portion of your bill in your return envelope.
- Use the drive-thru at our Tasley office during regular business hours. Include the bottom portion of your bill with your payment. Drive-thru hours on Fridays have been extended to 6 p.m.
This service is available to consumers having high usage at certain times of the year. Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- You must have been a customer at your current location for at least one full year.
- You must have paid all of your bills in full and on time each month.
As a nonprofit utility company, A&N electric Cooperative works hard to provide reliable and affordable service. Any profit we earn from your business is allocated to each member in the form of a capital credit account. Your capital credit balances are printed on the back of your bill annually, usually in April. Capital credits are refunded in part each year as approved by our Board of Directors in the form of a refund and will show as a credit on your bill. Past members will continue to receive a capital credit refund check. Remember to inform the Cooperative of any address changes so that you will continue to receive your capital credit refund. To learn more about capital credits, call 757-787-9750.