A&N Electric Cooperative
- Promote and adhere to A & N Electric Cooperative (ANEC) safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines.
- To render prompt, efficient, courteous and reliable support for the accounting department.
- To produce complete and accurate analyses and reports, as directed, that will assure efficient management of the Cooperative.
- To utilize the latest and most technologically advanced tools to verify and maintain accounting records, as directed.
II. Reporting Relationships
- Reports to: Director of Accounting
- Directs: None
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Performs personally the following activities, as directed:
- Acts as ANEC’s subject matter expert in plant accounting, providing training and support to all departments regarding work order procedures, accuracy in material, assembly unit and asset recordkeeping, etc.
- Leads team meetings to facilitate cooperation between departments in areas of work order accounting and other areas, as needed.
- Reviews work orders to ensure accuracy, researches and makes corrections as needed. Processes and closes work orders to general ledger and asset management.
- Maintains subsidiary ledgers and analyzes certain general ledger accounts on a routine basis. Prepares analyses on other general ledger accounts as necessary.
- Assists with preparation and verification of monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports.
- Prepares and verifies monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reports; e.g., IFTA (quarterly), SCC Report (annual).
- Assists with accounting functions, providing support and internal checks for various areas, as directed.
- Compiles information for and sets up assembly units and maintains data related to transformers.
- Works on special projects as assigned, to include research, accumulation of data and other information, presentation of recommendations and implementation of any processes and procedures through end-user training. Examples include:
b. Insurance bids and claims
c. FEMA claims
e. Federal and State Government agencies
f. Rate Cases
g. Cost of Service Studies
h. Financial Forecasts
i. Loan documents
j. Financing Plans
k. Other miscellaneous projects, as necessary
J. Annually attends and works as directed at cooperative’s Annual Meeting.
K. Keeps current in changes in office procedures and government regulations which require a change in methods used to complete certain areas of this job.
L. Reviews and approves invoices and credit card receipts for proper sales tax and account coding. Researches supporting documentation as needed.
M. Maintains daily reconciliation of e-commerce activity and cash spreadsheets and records cash collection sheets and payroll entries in the absence of the Accounting Specialist.
N. Performs duties, as directed, of the Accounting Staff Assistant and Payroll Accounting Associate in their absence.
O. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
a. Other Employees: To inform as directed by supervisor.
a. Auditors: To advise and inform as required on any accounting record.
b. Banks: To cooperate with bank personnel in the handling of deposits and checks in various funds.
A&N Electric Cooperative
Associate’s degree in accounting or business-related field required.
Two (2) years of cost accounting and personal computer experience required. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Knowledge of cost accounting processes and procedures required.
Must have a thorough knowledge of all office procedures and equipment, as well as, an understanding of budgeting methods, cost accounting, insurance, general payroll procedures, taxes, banking and financial matters. Prefer a candidate with knowledge of RUS accounting procedures, techniques and USDA uniform system of electric accounts.
Knowledge of data processing concepts, systems and capabilities is highly desirable.
Abilities and Skills
Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, ability to problem solve, multi-task and prioritize required.
Must possess a high-level of accounting, analytical, and reasoning skills. Must be able to study trends in the operations of the Cooperative and recommend improvements. Must be especially skilled in the areas of planning and controls and able to apply the latest techniques in these areas, including the development of charts and graphs and projection of trends shown therein. Must be able to accurately process and prepare payroll as needed.
Ability to efficiently use Windows and Microsoft Office or similar computer programs as the needs of the Cooperative require.
Ability to efficiently operate all office equipment provided.
Must be skilled in human relations and possess good oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds in order to address normal office activities.
Must work beyond normal hours as required for completion of duties.
Overnight travel required on occasion.
Time Required for Full Competency