Circuit Breakers & Fuses
How to Reset a Circuit Breaker
- Move handle to OFF position.
- Return handle to ON postion.
How to Change a Fuse
- First, disconnect lamps and appliances in use when circuit went out.
- Open main switch or pull-out section of panel labeled "main" in the service entrance to cut off current while working at the branch circuit box.
- Identify the blown fuse. When a fuse blows, the transparent section becomes cloudy, or blackened.
- Replace the blown fuse with a new one of proper size. The smaller sizes screw in and out just like light bulbs.
- Close the main switch or replace pullout section to restore service.
- Throw away the blown fuse.